Changes to Services for Summer 2021
The Bellack Library is pleased to announce that the library is expanding services starting with the Summer 2021 semester.
You can now use the physical course reserves or browse the collection by making an appointment. Contactless Pickup will continue to be an option this summer. Please read on for steps you should take to make an appointment or request contactless pickup.
Making an Appointment to Use the Course Reserves or Browse the Stacks
MGH IHP community members can now make appointments to use the course reserves or browse the stacks, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Fill out this form to request an appointment. We will work with you to coordinate your appointment time. We ask that you be flexible because at this time we must limit staff present in the building. To manage flow of people in the building, appointments must be me made at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you will be using the course reserves, check the physical course reserves to see if we have the book that you need. Include it in the form where asked. If someone else has previously requested the same item at the same time, we will let you know and give you the option to adjust your appointment time.
- Before coming to campus, fill out the Covid Pass.
- Upon arriving to campus, check in as usual in the Shouse (B36) lobby prior to coming to the library.
- At the time of your appointment we will meet you in the lobby of 38 Third Ave (B38) and bring you up to the library where you will be provided with the course reserves you requested or you can browse the stacks and borrow other books/materials.
- You will have a maximum of two hours to use the course reserves and/or browse the stacks. However, we close at 5 p.m., meaning a 4 p.m. appointment will only allow you one hour. Please keep this in mind when choosing your appointment time.
- At this time, eating will not be allowed in the library. Drinking is allowed provided you are seated 6 feet away from any other library users.
Please Ask a Librarian if you have any questions about visiting the library this summer.
Requesting Contactless Pickup
If you would like to borrow physical books and materials and know what you would like to borrow, contactless pickup may be a better option for you.. This is how contactless pickup works:
- Search the catalog above and find the item(s) you want to borrow. Or Ask a Librarian if you need help identifying resources that meet your needs.
- Fill out this form with your contact information and the item(s) that you want to borrow. Please include a link to the page in the catalog for each item so that we know exactly which one you want.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the date and time of your pickup. For the summer semester, pickup days are Monday through Thursday. We ask that you allow 24 hours for your pickup request to be filled. It may be filled sooner than that. You will know when you get your confirmation email.
- If the item(s) you requested are not available, we will still email you to ask if you want to place a hold.
- To pick up your materials, visit the Shouse (B36) lobby and retrieve your item(s) from the pickup table located in the hallway that leads from the front door to the back door. The item(s) will be on the table until you pick them up, so if you can't come by until Wednesday, that's fine, you can get them then.
- After two weeks (or sooner) bring your items to the same location and deposit them in the return dropbox.
- Items can be renewed if no one has placed a hold. Email us if you'd like to renew your items at the end of the initial two weeks.
Get in touch if you have any questions about contactless pickup.